Keep calm and practise yoga

I definitely would not describe myself as a very active person. For a long time I was looking for a sport that would be good for my body, but at the same time did not cause dislike each time I wanted to start the exercises. I strongly believe that to get into the habit of doing something you simply need to like it – motivation is very important but can not do everything. 

By trial and error I came across yoga - a sport that seemed to be suitable for me primarily due to individual approach to exercises. I discovered many years ago that competition and the ability to compare my and other people's progress rather cause stress than motivate me to continue. In yoga, everyone focuses on individual practice and I really appreciate it. Each time you stand on a mat you try to overcome your own limitations and not the opposite team or other person. Sometimes you are so focused on the current task that you can even forget about the presence of other people in the room. For me, that’s  perfect.


Yoga is a sport that has many varieties – you can choose from the energy ashtanga (at which you can really get tired) to delicate exercises that help reduce tension and stress. This is particularly important especially nowadays when we all are very busy and do not have much time to relax. Concentration on the slow movements of the body and the appropriate tightening of muscles seems to be a perfect remedium in this situation - for a moment we can forget about all the tasks and problems that are waiting for us. The peace that yoga gives is also one of the main reasons why I practise it myself. So, if you hadn't have the opportunity yet - try it!

Comments

Popular Posts